Georgetown Cupcake 50-Calorie Mini Carrot Cupcakes
You can have your cupcake and eat it too with this recipe from the Georgetown Cupcake sisters. The DC-based bakery has come up with a delicious way to have dessert while only adding 50 calories to your plate.
Makes 24 mini cupcakes
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp all-natural unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup clover honey
2 small eggs
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup freshly, finely grated carrots (carrots can be substituted with grated apple to make apple cupcakes instead).
1 tbsp unsalted butter
4 tbsp fat-free cream cheese
3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 350° F and line cupcake pan with 24 mini paper baking cups.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together the applesauce and honey using a stand mixer on medium speed. Beat eggs, and add them to mixer on low speed.
- Add half of the dry ingredients followed by half of the water to stand mixer on low speed. Add remaining dry ingredients and water and mix slowly. Add in grated carrots.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop all of the batter into each baking cup so that each baking cup is equally full.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Place butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in stand mixer, and mix together for 3-5 minutes, until frosting is light and airy.
- Dip each cupcake in the frosting to cover each cupcake with a thin layer of frosting.
Recipe courtesy of Georgetown Cupcake.