Style predictions for Drew’s wedding day hair, as well as step-by-step instructions!
Hair is one of the most important elements to completing your prom look. For those of you who can’t afford to go to the salon this year, Marvelous Girl is brining the salon to you. Hairstylist, Penny Doster at Hollywoood And Mane, provided some simple, costless tips to get the perfect do-it-yourself prom hair.
“This season it’s all about the feminine romantic look, which is so easy to do at home,” explained Penny.
1) Flat iron your hair straight
2) Tease the crown area for a bit of volume
3) Pull sections from either side of the temples to the back of the head
4) Twist the two sections together a couple of times and begin bobby pinning
5) Add some smoothing serum to minimize flyaways
6) Finally, add an accessory like a flower or a decorative pin/comb
TIP: Match the color of your bobby pins as close as possible to your hair color; unless you’re looking for them to stand out.
“A common mistake people make before prom is washing their hair. Your natural oils will help the style set and stay, so it’s best not to shampoo the day of the big event,” suggested Penny.
If you have hair questions for Penny, email